Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Foundy x Foundy breeding results

CP Random Caller
This guy was a great surprise. He is out of Random Image, a cute little Chestnut Splash Sport Pony stallion with a 9.6 PT and out of Call Lightning, a Chestnut Frame Sport Pony mare with a 7.8 PT. CP Random Caller has a 10.3 PT, *Star papered and comparison test on his sire showed he was just as good as Random Image. And he is frame to boot! So CP Random Caller was kept on.

CP Trust In Gold
Plain cremello, *Star papered, 9.7 PT. He is by James Blonde, a Cremello Splash Sport Pony stallion (9.5 PT) and out of Good Gold Almighty, a Palomino Roan Sport Pony mare (9.7 PT). I didn't comparison test him to his sire, but I like him for some reason, so decided to keep him on for at least one breeding season.

CP Roll The Dice
Another Random Image son, this one out of a Cremello Tobiano Sport Pony mare named IJsselmeer
 (9.9 PT). He has a 9.9 PT and is *Star papered. He missed out on both the Splash and Tobiano, and is just a plain Palomino. What interested me in keeping him though?
CP Random Caller is worse than CP Roll The Dice
That's right. this 9.9 PT is better than the 10.3 PT paternal half sibling!


CP Haphazard
A filly this time! Pretty Bay Tobiano Warmblood, 9.7 PT. She is a Random Image daughter and out of a minimal Black Tobiano Warmblood mare named FGF Pattern In Black (9.7 PT)


CP Random Look
Another Random Image daughter here. This one is a lovely Chestnut Rabicano, 9.4 PT. Her dam is CP Barbie Girl, a Chestnut Rabicano Sport Pony mare (8.5 PT)

CP Random Rox
This is where it gets hard. Before I get into that, I'll give his info. Random Image colt, 10.1 PT, *Star papered. Out of a Bay Tobiano Warmblood mare named Roxabell (10 PT). He's a Warmblood colt, not color tested, but most likely a chestnut solid or chestnut splash.
I did the comparison test and he is just as good as his sire, the same as CP Random Caller, but as you'll recall earlier, CP Random Caller is worse than CP Roll The Dice. I think I might be putting this guy up for sale. I don't NEED three colts by the same stallion. Especially when two are about the same and I have one that is better than them. I'll wait and do a comparison test on him and Random Caller though to see if there was any difference between the two.

CP Double Oh Seven
I squeee'd with delight when this guy was born, and then passed Lucas and Charlie intact! He's a 9.4 PT, *Star papered, Buckskin Splash Sport Pony. Homozygous on the splash! He is by James Blonde and out of a Buckskin Splash Warmblood mare named Breeze On By (5.4 PT). I tested him against another James Blonde colt I'm keeping named CP Pickup, and they comparison tested about the same.

CP Pickup
Speaking of Pickup. Here he is! James Blonde is the sire, like I said earlier. His dam is Picky Picky, a Chestnut Splash Warmblood mare (10 PT). CP Pickup is a Palomino Splash, *Star papered, 9.8 PT Sport Pony. 

CP Lunar Phase
I honestly wasn't planning on keeping this one. But this little tidbit is making me hang on to him--CP Pickup is worse than CP Lunar Phase.
CP Lunar Phase is by a stallion I just sold, Golden Gamble Ex Br, a Palomino Warmblood (7.4 PT) and out of a pretty Black Rabicano Sport Pony mare named CP Blue Moon (6.6 PT). CP Lunar Phase didn't get cream or rabicano or anything real special. He's a solid, nice looking chestnut, *Star papered, and 9.8 PT. We'll see what we get from him in the future!


CP Rate Of Value
back to filly. I seriously did not get many intact fillies this season from foundy x foundy breedings. Love this one though. I used an outside foundation stallion named Exchange Rate, he is a Blue Roan Splash Frame Warmblood (9.2 PT). Momma is my Brown Rabicano Warmblood mare, CP Face Value (9.8 PT).CP Rate Of Value is a Brown Roan Warmblood with a 9.9 PT


CP Laird
and lastly, we have another colt. *Star papered, Brown Dun Roan. 10.1 PT. He is another by an outside stallion-- Lord Of War, a bay roan dun splash frame brindle with an 8.9 PT (that's a mouthful there!). His dam is my mare CP Argyll, a Brown Roan Rabicano Sport Pony mare (9.8 PT)

CP Aldebaran
Okay, and I just bought another frame foundation mare and bred her to a foundation homozygous splash boy. I ended up with this beauty. Passed Charlie and Lucas...I was like..yes! Then 10.2 PT with Dorris. YES! *Star papered next!!! Then, the color test. Smokey Black Splash Frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His sire is JDW Christoff, a Palomino Splash Sport Pony (9.9 PT) and his dam is my newly acquired Bay Frame Sport Pony mare, Trapped (9.7 PT). I am in love with this boy. He's gonna be perfect to cross on homozygous splash first gen crosses (if I ever get any blasted fillies!)

all are the result of foundation to foundation breedings

and I did a few more, using outside mares. I'll only be posting my keepers though.
I used the same stallion for all of them, Limelight, my 10 PT Chestnut Splash Sport Pony. I had not used him hardly at all before, so decided he could have a bit of use this season. I do have a 2 year old filly by him and out of CP Face Value (same dam as CP Rate Of Value up there). So...here are his foals I'm keeping. I'll be gelding Limelight today and keep him on a show horse.

CP Bright Flash

CP Splash Of Lime

CP Light A Candle

CP Alnilam

CP Bitter Lime

No comments:

Post a Comment